[JSR308] Annotation dump utility

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Fri Feb 9 04:01:44 EST 2007

In the process of modifying javac to support loop annotations (see my
other email to the jsr308-statements list), I needed a tool that
would reveal annotation data embedded in a class file. I couldn't
find one anywhere, so I had to write one myself. I'm guessing someone
on this list needs (or will need) such a utility, so I've made it
available for download here:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/files/dump-annotations.tar.gz

The utility takes a class file as input and prints any annotations it
finds. It formats this output to the same struct-like representation
that the VM spec uses, making the output easy to read. It can be
extended without much effort to dump custom annotation formats.

Hope that helps,

Trevor