[JSR308] Re: Classfile representation of annotations

Neal Gafter gafter at google.com
Sat Feb 3 16:59:51 EST 2007

Both compile-time verification (of annotations) and annotations as part of
the interface don't require annotations be preserved in the bytecode.  By
bytecode here I don't mean class files, but the part of the class file
representing the body of a method.  In other words, section 4 cites use
cases that support changes to the class file format, but don't support
anything in the class file format to represent anything in the interior of
methods.