[JSR308] Concurrency annotations on blocks

David Wagner daw at cs.berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 3 01:20:34 EST 2007

In article <45C411DE.5080801 at sun.com> you write:
>Perhaps the best way past our logjam (uh oh, I may get spanked again ;-)
>is to come up with a conceptual set of cool assertion checkers whose
>annotations can't be placed (or can't be placed optimally), and then
>figure out how to remove those obstacles.

I think this is a good idea.  It seems to me that folks have already
started down this route.  For instance, folks have mentioned JML, which
seems look a good example to me.  It already illuminates some obstacles,
which prompted discussion about how to address those obstacles.  I wonder
whether maybe folks here on this list aren't familiar with JML?  It's a
fairly mature tool that there is a good bit of experience with, so it's
a good thing to look at.  There are many other interesting checkers,
of course; I don't want to be too focused on one; but I also don't want
people to have the impression that this is being made up out of thin
air, because it isn't.