[JSR308] Can we agree on our goals?

Eugene Kuleshov eu at javatx.org
Fri Feb 2 20:40:32 EST 2007

Hani Suleiman wrote:
>> Most of the code examples I've seen on this list terrify me.  I'd
>> like to see that degree of terror more broadly shared (so far, it
>> seems like Ted, Neal, and I are the only ones that have expressed
>> their fear).
> Count me in in the fear category! I'm somewhat dismayed by a good
> portion the examples shown actually, very few of which have seemed
> like things that a) most people would want to do, and b) most people
> CAN do.
  Not sure what examples are being referred here, I just wanted to point
out that there are very valid use cases where there are things people
would need or even have to do and right now they just don't have
acceptable alternatives.

  Also note that examples are nothing more then just examples and it is
completely fine to critique them, but let's keep the critique
constructive and find other and better ways to express the such
semantics in the Java source code.

  By the way, Hani, you have voted yes for the JSR 308. Have you changed
your mind since then?

  regards,
  Eugene